Hello! Starting a new series this week called “Friday Five”. Every Friday I will tell you about five of my favorite things from the past week. Don’t forget to tell me about your favorite five things in the comments section below. Here we go:
1) Iced Caramel Macchiatos- I am currently on maternity leave and have been going to Starbucks just about every afternoon to get an iced caramel macchiato. I’m not sure if I’m craving the sweetness of the drink or just in need of a mid-day pick me up, but it sure hits the spot… everyday!
2) Kale Salad- Okay, okay, so I’ve been craving a lot (A LOT) of sweets lately. I did not crave sweets when I was pregnant so I think my body is making up for the depletion of the past nine months. Ever since I had my baby girl a few weeks ago I have been craving chocolate and sweets. Not a good combo when your body is trying to bounce back from having a baby. I did manage to eat 2 kale salads this week though (to help absorb all of the chocolate). One was a premade kale salad from the grocery store and the other was a side dish from Houston’s. Both of them were delicious!
3) Table Side Salsa- We went to Tucson a few weeks ago and I can’t stop thinking about the tasty salsa we had when we went out to dinner. We ate at a restaurant called Guadalajara Grill (GG). I had never been there and am so glad we tried it! The salsa is made at your table and you get to pick the ingredients that go in it and also how spicy you want it to be. The best part is that the salsa comes in a HUGE bowl. I usually find myself asking for seconds (or thirds) when it comes to salsa but one bowl at GG was plenty.
4) Bicep Curl Machine- I went to the gym to lift weights this week for the first time since… I can’t remember the last time I lifted weights! One of my favorite machines is the bicep curl machine. I love seeing definition in my arms when I lift on a regular basis. Hopefully I start lifting on a regular basis!
5) Tabitha- My sweet baby girl turned 6 weeks old this week. It is amazing how much she’s grown in the past 6 weeks. She is such a sweet pea and even though we’ve only had her for 6 weeks, I can’t imagine my life without her!
What are five of your favorite things this week?